This workshop runs over 2 consecutive Wednesday Evenings or Weekend.
Next Class - Saturday 27th March - 10 am - 3pm
Run in association with the City Of Sydney.
*** You can register your interest in future dates here. ***
Have some fun and go wild learning pattern-making in an exciting way!
Learn how to create flare, gathers, frills and add all of the volume! You will learn techniques that will help you understand the basics of pattern making and give you a chance to put them into practice!
PLEASE NOTE: We'll be working on 1/2 scale blocks to allow you to work quickly and try lots of ideas. You can then translate this to your full-size patterns in your own time.
You'll learn how to:
- Read a pattern and understand pattern terminology
- Trace patterns and use the equipment
- Manipulate and pivot darts and seams
- Add flare, gathers, frills, volume to create creative patterns
- We have all the tools you'll need but feel free to bring your own equipment if you'd prefer!
- Fabric - to bring your 1/2 scale creations to life.
- Plenty of Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
We also have a small selection of pattern making equipment you can purchase if you want to carry on at home after your workshop!
What to bring:
- Yourself! Everything's included!
If you've got some old fabrics in your stash you'd like to use to bring your creations to life then bring them along!