This workshop runs over 4 consecutive Wednesday Evenings.
Next Class -
TBC - Get in touch to be the first to hear.
Supported by City Of Sydney.
These sessions allow you to gain confidence in measuring and fitting your own patterns - you'll learn how to measure yourself, sew a toile, amend a block pattern and make fit adjustments. You'll gain lots of new skills for creating the perfect fit!
NOTE - we'll be working on a dress pattern in this class that can be used for dresses, tops and skirts.
Beginner level - however, we require that you know the basics of sewing and are confident completing a sewing project on your own.
You'll learn how to:
- Take your own measurements
- Read a pattern and decide which size to cut
- Learn about garment and design ease
- Prep and sew a toile
- Fit a garment
- Make fitting adjustments to your pattern
- Use your block pattern to check the fit of your sewing patterns
- If there's time - learn to pattern hack your block to create designs!
- Base/block pattern
- Digital fit guide
- Toiling Fabric
- Pattern paper
- Tools and Equipment
- Sewing Machines
- Cutting Tables
- Plenty of Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
Feel free to bring your own equipment if you'd prefer!
What you'll need to bring:
- Tight-fitting garments (e.g tight top and leggings) to wear underneath your toile if you'd prefer.
If you'd like to register your interest for future dates or join the waitlist for sold-out workshops - please use the 'keep me posted' button above. If you have any questions you can contact us here.