This class usually runs on a weekend.
Next Class - Saturday 6th March - 10am - 3pm - SOLD OUT
Saturday 17th April - 10am - 3pm - SOLD OUT
Sunday 18th April - 10am - 3pm - New date!
Run in association with the City Of Sydney.
*** You can register your interest in future dates here. ***
Always wanted to make copies of your favourite clothes so you can make them over and over? Now you can!
Learn how to take a pattern from a garment you already own (without unpicking it!) and transfer it onto paper! You will learn the techniques that help you to copy clothes and understand the basics of pattern making.
You'll learn how to:
- Understand pattern terminology
- Take a pattern from your favourite shapes
- Use pattern making equipment
- Add seam allowance
- Transfer clothes to a paper pattern
- We have all the tools you'll need but feel free to bring your own equipment if you'd prefer!
- 3m of Pattern paper - more can be purchased if needed.
- Calico - to cover 1 simple garment.
- Tea, coffee and cakes!
- Plenty of Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
We also have a small selection of pattern making equipment you can purchase if you want to carry on at home after your workshop!
What to bring:
- Your garment to copy. (Its good to bring a few options)
What garment should I bring?
- We recommend bringing a simple garment for this workshop so it allows you to learn the whole process and complete it with us, which you can then replicate at home on your other favourite clothes!
We'd avoid anything draped, with pleats or lots of gather. Although we can chat about how you'd do these at home.
Please send us a photo beforehand to check that it's suitable for the class. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.