Next Class -
Saturday 29th May - 10am - 3pm - SOLD OUT
Saturday 12th June - 10am - 3pm - SOLD OUT
Supported by the City Of Sydney.
*** You can register your interest in future dates here. ***
Always wanted to make copies of your favourite clothes so you can make them over and over? Now you can!
Learn how to take a pattern from a garment you already own (without unpicking it!) and transfer it onto paper! You will learn the techniques that help you to copy clothes and understand the basics of pattern making.
You'll learn how to:
- Understand pattern terminology
- Take a pattern from your favourite shapes
- Use pattern making equipment
- Add seam allowance
- Transfer clothes to a paper pattern
- We have all the tools you'll need but feel free to bring your own equipment if you'd prefer!
- Pattern paper
- Fabric - to cover 1 simple garment.
- Tea, coffee and cakes!
- Plenty of Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
We also have a small selection of pattern-making equipment you can purchase if you want to carry on at home after your workshop!
What to bring:
- Your garment to copy. (Its good to bring a few options)
What garment should I bring?
We recommend bringing a simple garment for this workshop so it allows you to learn the whole process and complete it with us, which you can then replicate at home on your other favourite clothes! A simple top or dress is perfect!
Avoid anything draped, with pleats, gathers or lots of panels. We can chat about how you would do these at home once you’ve learnt the necessary skills or you could continue with our ‘Bring your own project’ workshop! Please send us a photo beforehand to check that it's suitable for the class.
Please send us a photo beforehand to check that it's suitable for the class. You can email email@example.com.