This workshop runs on Wednesday evenings or on a weekend!
Next class -
Weekend - Saturday 10th July - Sunday 11th July - 10 am - 3.30 pm
Run in association with the City Of Sydney.
*** You can register your interest in future dates here. ***
These sessions allow you to gain confidence in measuring and fitting your own patterns - you'll learn how to measure yourself, sew a toile, amend a base/block pattern and make fit adjustments as well as lots of new skills for creating the perfect fit!
NOTE - we'll be working on a dress pattern in this class that can be used for dresses, tops and skirts.
Beginner level - however, we require that you know the basics of sewing and are confident completing a sewing project on your own.
You'll learn how to:
- Take your own measurements
- Read a pattern and decide which size to cut
- Learn about garment and design ease
- Prep and sew a toile
- Fit a garment
- Amend a pattern and make adjustments
- Use your base pattern to check the fit of your sewing patterns
- If there's time - learn to pattern hack your block to create designs!
- Base/block pattern (Worth $54)
- Digital fit guide (Worth $54)
- Toiling Fabric
- Pattern paper
- Tools and Equipment
- Sewing Machines
- Cutting Tables
- Plenty of Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
Feel free to bring your own equipment if you'd prefer!
What you'll need to bring: