Next Class -
Saturday 7th August 10 am - 3.30 pm
Supported by City Of Sydney.
Sew a cosy liberty jumper and learn new skills working with stretch! You'll learn how to measure yourself, choose your size and how to work with sweatshirt fabric and ribbing! All fabric, trims and thread are included in the price!
The sweater is an oversized fit, you can choose to size down if you'd prefer a tighter style. There will be a selection for you to try on before you cut your fabric so you can get the right fit for you!
Beginner level - however, we require that you already know how to thread and use a sewing machine and sew a basic seam. You can check out our Learn To Sew workshop if you're in need of a refresher!
You'll learn how to:
- Measure yourself and choose your size
- Cut and sew sweat shirting
- Select the correct machine settings and needles for stretch
- Use an overlocker
- Sew in sleeves
- Sew ribbing to finish neck and hems
- Oversized sweatshirt pattern
- Liberty sweatshirt fabric - please add your preference at checkout! NOTE: Fabric 4 is currently sold out.
- Ribbing fabric
- Sewing Machines
- Pins etc.
- Lots of tea and coffee
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
What to bring:
- Lunch - There will be a 30-minute break.
If you'd like to bring your own machine then that's great, just drop us an email beforehand.
If you'd like to register your interest for future dates or join the waitlist for sold-out workshops - please use the 'keep me posted' button above. If you have any questions you can contact us here.