This workshop runs on a Weekend.
Next Class - TBC
Run in association with the City Of Sydney.
*** You can register your interest in future dates here. ***
Sew this cute velvet bag and create zero fabric waste! You will each be working on your own bag and you can choose from 3 colours beforehand.
Why choose zero waste?
The average amount of fabric that is wasted when garments are cut is 15%.
In 2015, it is estimated 400 BILLION square metres of fabric is produced. 15% of this means 60 billion square metres is wasted!
The Bags will be pre-cut but you will get a chance to look at the pattern and see how it is made and combined with other products to create zero waste.
You'll learn how to:
- Sew with velvet
- Sew a lining and finish with a hand stitch.
- Finish edges without an over locker
- Learn about zero waste and a brief history of zero waste pattern making
- Create an intermediate sewing project including sewing seams, finishing the edges and adding a strap
We recommend that you already know how to thread and use a sewing machine, as there won't be time to teach you during the lesson. You can check out our Learn To Sew workshop or Contact Us to arrange a 1:1 beforehand. It is advised that you are an intermediate sewist for this course, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Everything you'll need!
- Pre-cut velvet bag pieces and lining - select the colour before you add to cart.
- Sewing Machines
- Hand Needles
- Pins etc.
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes!
What to bring:
If you'd like to bring your own machine then that's great, just drop us an email beforehand.